Arousing the Intellects with an explanation of Umdatul-Ahkaam” (Book Zakah and Fasting)
Auteur: Muhammad Bin ‘Saleh Al-‘Uthaymeen
Shaykh Muhammad Bin ‘Saleh Al-‘Uthaymeen, may Allaah have mercy upon him, explains the two books of Zakah and Fasting from the collection of hadeeth from Imaam Taqiyy-ud-Deen Abdul-Ghani Al-Maqdisee in a simple and easy to follow method.
excerpt from the book:
Since fasting is an act of worship which is delineated by a time period, it cannot be brought forward, just as it cannot be delayed, unless there is an excuse which permits its delay. It is from the legislative wisdom that the slave must adhere to this limitation, and not bring any of it forward, and assume that he is doing something from it before its time. Within this Hadeeth, Aboo Hurayrah, may Allaah be pleased with him, informs that the Prophet 0 prohibited that anyone should bring precede the fast of the month of Ramadhaan with fasting by a day or two days; unless he had the habit of fasting on a particular day; such as Monday, for example, or if he fasts every other day, and that happened to fall a day or two days before Ramadhaan, then there is, at that time, no harm in that due to the removal of the threat.
D)Benefits Of The Hadeeth
- The prohibition of preceding Ramadhaan with fasting by a day or two days; and the prohibition is one of impermissibility according to many of the scholars
- The permissibility of preceding it by three days or more.
- The permissibility of preceding it with fasting by a day or two days for the one who habitually fasts a particular fast
- The concern of the Legislator for the restriction of the legislative limits and not transgressing them
- The permissibility of saying: Ramadhaan, without attaching the word “…month of…” to it.